You can Cancel 24 Hour Fitness Membership in multiple ways. It can be done through an in-person visit to the gym, using the official website, or you can directly call customer service.
Remember to complete the cancellation process before the next billing period to avoid unnecessary next month’s payment.
24 Hour Fitness has been an industry leader for the last 35 years, and they now have 300+ clubs in over 11 states in the US, which is miles ahead compared to 43 Onelife Fitness.
They provide flagship-level equipment, innovative and creative online instruction, and personalized training to ensure you are prepared for what’s next.
You can get access to coaching whenever you want, and the only thing you need is their membership. They have all the plans that suit you and even your partner.
But the problem lies what if you want to drop the idea of hitting the gym because now you are no longer interested, or you can not join a gym because of physical problems, or simply what if you have to say no to the 24-hour fitness??
Well, the short answer is yes, you can, and that too at any time. For that, you have 3 readily available options:
Steps to Cancel 24 Hour Fitness Membership
You can cancel your 24 fitness membership in person or by written notice at your local gym, by phone call to the support team, or the easiest is online through their website.
The easiest way where you do not have to interact is through online sources using the official website of the company. Let me show you how it’s done.
Cancel 24 Hour Fitness membership online
To cancel your membership online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the 24-Hour Fitness website and log into your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Membership” section, click on “Cancel Membership”.
- Enter your birth date and member number.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Review the cancellation information and click on “Cancel Membership”.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your cancellation details.
Cancellation via your Local Gym
- Go to the front desk of your local 24 Hour Fitness gym and talk to a member services representative.
- Provide your membership information, including your membership number, birth date, and payment method.
- Explain that you would like to cancel your membership.
- The member services representative will process your cancellation request and provide you with a cancellation confirmation form.
- Keep the cancellation confirmation form for your records.
Sounds easy, right? before moving on to the next method, check out How to Cancel La Fitness membership.
Now, Let’s see another method.
Cancellation via written notice
24 hour Fitness accepts cancellation via written notice. All you need to do is write an application explaining you no longer need the membership.
Included the following information on the notice:
- Full Name
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Membership ID
- and Birth or joining Date
You can send this notice or letter to your nearest fitness gym address.
Cancellation via a phone call
- Call 24-Hour Fitness customer service at 1-866-308-8179.
- Provide the customer service representative with your membership information, including your member number, birth date, and payment method.
- Explain that you would like to cancel your membership.
- The customer service representative will process your cancellation request and provide you with a cancellation confirmation number.
- Keep the cancellation confirmation number for your records.
Well, it is done and dusted. Do not forget to do it before midnight and keep your documents safe in case you need them. Also, if you want to change your gym timings or location, you can do those instead of canceling them. The process is almost identical.
Confirmation of Cancellation
It is always important to confirm your cancellation to avoid unnecessary payment for unused service in the future.
You can confirm your membership cancellation by visiting or calling to your nearest gym.
Provide them with your membership details and ask if you are still active or not.
Reviewing Cancellation Agreements
It is always important to save a copy of your agreements, as all the details about payment, refunds, and cancellations will be mentioned there.
Is there a cancellation fee?
No, 24 Hour Fitness does not charge their members a cancellation fee upon discontinuing.
But you need to cancel it before next month’s due date to avoid further payment. Do check your agreement for confirmation.
How to view or download my membership agreement?
To view your membership agreement of 24 Hour Fitness, follow the steps below:
- First, Log in to My24 with your credentials.
- Click on My Account to see the menu of options.
- Then click on Agreements.
- You will see agreements attached to your account.
24 Hour Fitness Refund Policy: Can I get my money back?
Yes, according to their refund policy, you will be eligible for a refund only if you cancel your membership within a 3 to 5-day cooling-off period.
The cooling-off period might differ depending on where you live. Please contact your local gym for more information.
24-hour Fitness has a better refund policy compared to Fitness 19 Membership, which has lots of conditions and no guarantee of refund.
Freeze 24 hour Membership
There are certain requirements you need to fulfill if you wish to freeze your membership at 24 hour fitness.
Who can freeze membership at 24 hour fitness?
- Medical Disability
- Military Duty
- Employment Transfer
How to unfreeze my account?
Your membership will unfreeze automatically after the pre-determined time is over, but if you want to unfreeze it before that, then you can contact your local club or
- Login to your account
- Click on My Account
- Select reactivate from the freeze.
Contact 24 Hour Fitness
If you have any queries related to your account, membership, or other general questions, then you can visit your nearest gym or call them.
You can send them an email through https://www.24hourfitness.com/contact_us/ or find your club’s number from this link.