Is Primerica Life Insurance too good to be true? With the recent controversies regarding Primerica, no wonder you might want to cancel your insurance with them. Or you may just be tired of paying insurance fees every month, or you don’t need it anymore.
Whatever your reason may be, we are here to help you through the easy process of cancelling your insurance with them.
Primerica Life Insurance emerged as a household name because it provided an affordable term insurance plan specifically targeting middle-class families in Northern America. Primerica currently offers plans up to 10,15,20,25,30, and 35 years.
How to Cancel Primerica Life Insurance?
You can cancel your Primerica life insurance by following ways:
- Through Phone Call
- Primerica’s Official Website
- Through physical Mail
Through Phone Call
- Make a call on “1-800-257-4725″ or “1-888-737-2255″ to Primerica Customer Support.
- Request to speak with insurance cancellation agent.
- Please provide them with your account and insurance details.
- Request them to cancel and stop any recurring payments.
- Ask them for an email or message on your number after the cancellation takes effect.
Cancel Primerica Insurance from Online Website
To cancel Primerica insurance from online follow the steps below:
- To get started, go to the official website of Primerica and log into Primerica Account.
- Click on the “My account” section.
- On your Account, you will see the list of your active insurance plans. Click on the Insurance Plan you want to Cancel.
- Click on the Cancel option and confirm your cancellation request
- Wait for the cancellation confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email after some time, inquire with Primerica Customer Support.
Through Physical Mail
- Write a letter containing your name, address, insurance details and other account information such as your policy number.
- Write the date from which you want your cancellation to take effect and sign the letter.
- Mail the letter to the Primerica office at the address “Primerica PO Box 100500 Duluth, GA 30099-0500“. via Primerica Website/contact.
- You need to wait for some days as this process is generally slow. You will receive further updates on your cancellation request through the mail.
Primerica Cancellation fee and refund policy.
If you have any outstanding loans against your policy, you will need to pay those off before you can cancel the policy.
All Insurance Companies must provide a minimum 10-day window period for their customers who cancel their insurance purchase to be refunded fully.
After that Cancellation Fee might be applied, or you may not get the full refund. It is advised that you look at the policy of your insurance document since Primerica doesn’t clearly specify this on its website.
Can I pause my Primerica Life Insurance?
Primerica Life Insruance does not officially provide a way for its customers to freeze their insurance.
However, under certain special conditions such as if you become disabled and cannot work, they allow you to pause your insurance payment.
For more information we advice you to contact Primerica Customer Support.
Primerica Life Insurance: Too good to be True?
A simple search on Primerica Life Insurance on reddit or Quora shows you hundreds of posts from different customers claiming that it is a scam. Primerica Currently operates like a MLM were the recruiters get some commission if they successfully recruit someone.
Users have claimed that although the product that Primerica Life Insurance Sells is legit the agents who join Primerica agent program, they get trapped in a M.L.M where they are pressured to recruit their relatives and friends or sell them the products.
Reddit user u/WelcomeLuv
“I have a friend who tried to recruit me through her boss via Zoom.
Basically, the more people I “recruit” the more money I make because supposedly I gain 20% on their profits.
While the company has been around for a while and seems legit, it just comes off as a scandalous way to screw your friends/family members over.
What do you think?”
Conclusion: Although Primerica is a registered legal company offering affordable well-received insurance plans, all the controversies surrounding it do not help it. There are many other Insurance companies that afford similar plans and benefits without the controversies that you can choose from.
How long does it take to cancel my policy?
Your cancellation process can take anywhere from a few days to some weeks.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my policy early?
In some cases, you may be able to get a refund of some of the premiums you have paid. However, this is not always the case. You will need to check your policy to see if there is a refund provision.
What if I have questions about canceling my policy?
You can contact Primerica customer service at 1-800-257-4725. They will be able to answer any questions you have and help you through the cancellation process.