State Farm is a group of mutual insurance companies providing a wide range of insurance products, like auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance, health insurance, and many more.
They also offer other services, such as identity theft protection and financial planning. And if you are looking to Cancel State Farm Insurance after finding better insurance or just no longer need it.
Whatever the reason might be, here is a guide with a step-by-step process to cancel your State Farm Insurance.
Notice on State Farm Cancellation Policy
If you are going to sell your vehicle, then you will need to provide proof of sale for your cancellation.
If you are switching providers, then you will need to provide your new insurer’s name, policy number, and start date.
If you are cancelling your Insurance because you are moving away to a new place, then you will need to provide your proof of relocation.
Methods of cancelling your State Farm Insurance:
You cannot cancel State Farm insurance online. However, there are 3 methods you can use to cancel their service, and they are:
- Cancel through Customer support (phone)
- Cancel via Visit in person
- Cancel via sending a mail
Cancel State Farm Insurance via Customer Support
You can call your agent for any support, including cancellation. Follow the steps listed below:
- First, search for an agent through this webpage.
- Now, contact the local State Farm agent and request for cancellation of your policy.
- After contacting the local agent and requesting insurance cancellation, the agent will ask for your policy number, birth, and date of birth.
- You can schedule or request an immediate cancellation by phone.
Cancel via sending a mail
To cancel your State Farm insurance policy through the mail, write a letter including the following information below:
- Compose a letter that contains your name, address, phone number, State Farm policy number, and the reason for cancellation.
- Include the date and time for cancellation and mail the letter.
- Wait for a confirmation reply.
Address of State Farm Insurance
State Farm Insurance
One State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61710
Cancellation by visit in person
If you do not want to call or mail, then you can cancel by visiting their office. It is suggested to take the following:
- First, visit your Local State Farm Office in your area.
- Tell the agent that you would like to cancel your insurance.
- You will need your Policy number and the date and time to end the policy.
Credentials needed to cancel state farm insurance policy
It does not matter if you cancel your policy by phone, mail, or by visit in person. You must provide these details and documents if you wish to cancel.
- Your personal information: Name, Address, and Number.
- Your Policy number and the date and time to end the policy.
- For those who are switching providers need the new insurer’s name, policy number, and policy start date.
- Those who sold their vehicle must carry the sale bill.
- You might need to inform DMV (Check in your state).
Cancellation fees and Freeze account
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding their State Farm Insurance, whether they need to pay fees or can freeze their account for a while.
Can I cancel State Farm Insurance at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your insurance at any time.
How long does it take to cancel your policy with State Farm?
The cancellation takes effect immediately. You can also request your cancellation to take effect from a specified date.
Is there a cancellation fee on State Farm Insurance?
No, there is no cancellation fee. However, you may get asked to clear any outstanding payments.
Can I freeze my State Farm Insurance?
No, State Farm does not provide a way for its customers to freeze their insurance subscriptions.
But you can cancel your subscription and reinstate it when you need it. However, doing this will affect your insurance premium.