NEU stands for National Education Union, which is a trade union for school teachers, lecturers, teaching assistants, and education support staff in the UK.
They offer various services like advice, support, and training. Campaigning for a better education system, representing people in the workplace, and so on.
People have shown a mixed view of the work done by NEU. Some believe they are essential institutes to make the system of education better. And others believe that they are not compelling enough.
You do not need any particular reason to say no if you do not want to continue your NEU membership; you can always cancel, take leave, or retire from it before you are charged any money.
You can always visit the website and follow the instructions, or call the company’s customer service department at 0345 811 8111.
How to cancel NEU Membership?
You can cancel your NEU membership by visiting their official website, filling up an online cancellation form, and submitting it. You can also do it by using their email address or by sending a letter to their address.
Cancel NEU membership through Website
This is the easiest and most recommended way to Cancel your NEU membership first:
- Go to the NEU’s Membership Cancellation Page.
- Scroll to find the cancellation form.
- Enter details as requested.
- Select or Write your reason for cancellation.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
You will be asked for permission to contact me via email or phone, and you can choose any checkbox.
You are advised to choose your reason wisely so that you can save your cancelation charges.
After submission of the online form, you will receive a confirmation email for cancellation or a letter from the NEU team once the process is completed.
Cancel NEU Membership by Call
You can cancel your NEU membership via a call from Monday to Friday between 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Dail NEU’s customer service line at 0345 811 8111
- Request customer service for NEU membership cancellation.
- Provide your details to confirm your identity.
- Provide your Membership number and reason for your cancellation.
- If everything goes right, then customer service will process your cancellation and provide you with a confirmation.
You will be charged only after 14 days period for £25.
Cancel NEU membership by mail
You can either use the email address of the organization under [email protected] or deliver the mail at their address of membership Block
NEU Head Office
London WC1H 9BD
In your letter, you must include all your details confirming your identity, your reason for cancelation, and your membership number.
This is the least recommended method as it takes longer to send and receive responses, making it hard for you and the company.
Receive NEU membership for free or at a discount
NEU provides a discount rate or even no charges to certain members like:
- Up to 18 months of free membership for those who are on Adoption, Maternity, or Parental Leave.
- Membership at a discounted price if the member is working part-time.
The charge of cancellation varies according to different details. It depends if you are leaving the membership, taking maternity leave, or retiring
The general rule is you will only be charged £25 after you cross the 14-day limit. Further, you will have a deduction in charge, looking at your reason for leaving or cancelling.
Do I need to pay Cancellation Fee on NEU?
Yes, You do have to pay the cancellation fee after 14 days If you no longer wish to be a member.
Common reason for Cancellation
- Unable to afford membership charge.
- Do not share the same stance with NEU.
- Unsatisfied with service provided.
- You are leaving the Teaching Profession.
Also Read: Cancel IdentityIQ Subscription
NEU provides you a refund on the basis of the reason you stated while cancelling. It is wise to provide them with genuine reason.
Here are some of the reasons why NEU does not offer refunds or transfers but rather charges you:
- To use the money for other expenses like salaries and others.
- To recoup some of the cost that they have already provided.
- To confirm commitment from staff and other members.
How to Contact NEU Customer Support?
Address provided by the official page from their privacy page:
NEU Head Office
London WC1H 9BD
Contact details of NEU
|Phone Number||0345 811 8111|
NEU Membership Details
Who can Join?
Open for all professionals related to education, which includes teachers, staff, lecturers, and so on.
How much does it cost?
It has a fixed rate of £275. However, a special discount is available for teachers with low income or who are in early careers.
When can you Join?
You can join at any point of the year. NEU year runs from 1st September to 31st August.
Can students Join NEU?
Yes, they can join NEU, and also no fees will be charged. They will be charged £1 to upgrade their plan after they complete their course and become ETCs.