Competition between companies is always beneficial for customers, especially in tech. This is widely seen in the telecommunication industry, where companies are always trying their best to outrun the competition with better offers, so if you are a Verizon Fios subscriber who now wants to cancel Verizon Fios for whatever reasons.
Verizon Fios is a popular internet and television service provider in the United, but people are now cancelling Verizon Fios due to high charges for devices. So, if you are facing similar issues or have a better deal from another company or any other reasons, You can opt to cancel Verizon Fios anytime, anywhere.
Yes, we understand that cancellations can sometimes be quite frustrating. However, this time you have nothing to worry about, as we got you covered. Keep reading as we go through the easy and effective methods to cancel Verizon Fios.
Related: Steps to Cancel Xfinity Service
Best Methods To Cancel Verizon Fios in 2023?
As per our research, There are 2 methods which quite effective in canceling Verizon Fios. To cancel Verizon Fios, customers can either contact the customer support department via phone call at (844) 837-2262. or directly visit the nearest Verizon distributor.
Stay tuned as we go through the step-by-step process to cancel Verizon Fios through each of these methods:
- Cancellations Via Phonecall
- Cancellation By Visiting In Person.
To not miss out on the extra info section, keep reading till the end.
Also Read: How To Cancel Fravy subscription
How To Cancel Verizon Fios Via A Phone Call?
One of the best and easiest methods to cancel Verizon Fios is to do so over the phone. This is also the recommended method by the company, as mentioned on their website.
So, here is a step-by-step guide to help you with the process:
- Reach out to the Verizon Fios customer support department at (844) 837-2262.
- Once you’re connected to a customer support representative, clearly state your intention to cancel Verizon Fios services.
- The representative will then ask for some account information. Kindly provide all relevant information about your Verizon Fios account.
- Once the information is verified, the representative will initiate the cancelation process.
- Just confirm the cancellation, and you’re done.
How To Cancel Verizon Fios By Visiting In-Person?
If you don’t like speaking over the phone and have a Verizon Fios location nearby, then you can easily cancel Verizon Fios services by visiting that location in person
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you with the cancellation process:
- Visit the nearest Verizon Fios store with all the rented devices.
- Head over to the customer support section and talk to a representative
- Clearly state your intention to cancel Verizon Fios services
- Then, follow the instructions provided by the customer support team and confirm your cancellation
What is Verizon Fios cancellation policy?
Customers can cancel anytime; however, if they cancel while they’re under any contract, they may be charged a termination fee. The early termination fees can be as high as $350 dollars and will decrease by 15$ every month.
Only the account owner/manager can cancel the account.
Verizon Fios Customer Support Details
|Website||Verizon Fios customer support|
|Phone number||(844) 837-2262.|
Verizon Fios Refunds Policy Explored:
Verizon Fios can sometimes charge fees in advance, and if the customer disconnects such services, the remaining amount will show up as a credit balance on the bill. This balance will be refunded by contacting Verizon Fios.
Such refunds can take around 60 days to process. Similarly, customers are also eligible for refunds on security deposits if they follow the necessary conditions.
Eligibility conditions For Security Deposit Refunds on Verizon Fios:
To be eligible for refunds on security deposits, Verizon Fios subscriber will have to pay 5 out of their last 6 bills on time, i.e., 10 out of the last 12 months. You can check your refund status by signing in to your My Verizon account and navigating to Billing > View bill > options > Check refund status.
- All equipment must be returned within 30 days after you cancel your subscription.
- You can pause your Verizon Fios subscription for 30 days to 9 months by paying a certain one-time fee.
- Always confirm your cancellation and keep the confirmation information safe, just in case.
- The service will be terminated at the end of the billing cycle, not the day your cancellation is confirmed.
- To pay a bill after canceling your service, you can use the sign-in for disconnected accounts page, which will be active for 6 months from your cancellation date.
We hope this article was helpful with the cancellation process. If you know someone else who may benefit from these methods, Share it with them. Also, If you have any queries or suggestions, leave them in the comment section below, and we’ll go through it ASAP.
Can I Pause My Verizon Fios Subscription?
Yes, you can pause your Verizon Fios subscription for up to 9 months by paying a one-time fee.
How Can I Delete My Verizon Account?
To delete My Verizon account, the account owner or manager has to contact Verizon customer service and provide these details: name, phone number, and account pin.