That frustration of having to miss out on something important due to the internet or cable subscription is massive. Thus, most of us choose the best service when it comes to cable and internet, like Xfinity (Comcast), but if Xfinity is unable to meet your expectations, then you can always cancel Xfinity service and try some other providers.
Xfinity is a popular digital cable TV and high-speed internet service provider company based in the US, but if you’re not satisfied with the service or for any other reason you have decided to not continue with Xfinity, then you can opt to cancel Xfinity Service.
However, some users have reported having issues while trying to cancel Xfinity service. One Reddit user has complained about his bad experience while trying to cancel Xfinity. Here, this Redditor has reported issues even after cancelling.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to face any of such issues as we’ve got you covered. With our simple and effective guide, you will be able to successfully cancel Xfinity Service without breaking a sweat. Stay tuned as we go through the step-by-step process, along with some extra tips at the end.
Working Methods To Easily Cancel Xfinity Service 2023
Despite some users facing issues with cancelling Xfinity service, It is not that difficult. To easily cancel Xfinity Service, you can either visit the nearest Xfinity store or fill out this online form. You can also cancel by requesting a callback or by live chat with an agent.
So, basically, these are the 4 methods through which you can cancel Xfinity Service. Read till the end as we uncover the step-by-step process for each of these 4 methods:
- Cancellation Through Online Form
- Cancellation Via Callback
- Cancellation from Live Chat
- Cancellation By Visiting in Person
How To Cancel Xfinity Service Online?
To cancel Xfinity Via the Online form, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Online Cancellation Form link on the Xfinity Website
- Enter your Xfinity ID details or your mobile number
- Verify your credentials
- Once you’re in, follow the prompts and submit the form
Once the form is submitted, a member from the Xfinity team will contact you within 2 days and will guide you throughout the cancellation process.
How To Cancel Xfinity Service Via Callback Request?
Cancelling Xfinity by requesting a callback has a similar process as doing so with the cancellation form. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the Request Callback option on the Xfinity website.
- Select any method to verify your Xfinity account (Phone number/ Xfinity Id and password).
- Now Follow the prompts and submit your call-back request
- Your call-back request must include all the important information associated with your account ( your name, number, Xfinity ID, etc.).
An Xfinity representative will then contact you, tell them about your desire to end Xfinity service, and they will initiate the cancellation process.
Cancel Xfinity Service By Visiting Xfinity Store
This is one of the fastest methods to cancel Xfinity’s service. If there is an Xfinity retail store nearby, We recommend you cancel Xfinity Service by visiting in person. Just follow these steps, and your cancellation will be completed in no time:
- Visit the nearest Xfinity Retail Store with your Xfinity equipment.
- Reach out to the customer support representative.
- Tell the representative about your desire to cancel your Xfinity service.
- The representative will then proceed with your cancellation request.
After the process is complete, the representative will provide a receipt for your equipment. You may be charged a cancellation fee if you’re still under contract.
How To Cancel Xfinity Via Live Chat?
You can also cancel Xfinity Via live chatting to the customer support by following these steps:
- Go to the official Xfinity website
- Click on chat with an agent
- Sign in to your account
- And then ask the agent about the cancellation procedure
- Follow the prompts, and you’re done.
Xfinity Cancellation Policy. Is there A Cancellation Fee?
Xfinity has a simple cancellation policy where a user can cancel their Xfinity service anytime by following the method discussed above.
Yes, if they are in a contract, there is a cancellation fee.
Xfinity will charge an early termination fee of $110 for a 12-month contract and a fee of $230 for a 24-month contract.
The termination fee will decrease by $10 every month. If you cancel after 2 months, you will be charged 90$, and so on.
How Can I Get Refunds On Xfinity?
Xfinity doesn’t offer any refunds once the card is charged, but if you cancelled your subscription and have some credit balance remaining in your Xfinity account. You will receive a refund within 45 days in the same payment method used to credit the balance in the first place.
To be eligible to get Refunds on the remaining credit balance on your Xfinity account. You have to return any rented equipment to the nearest Xfinity retail store.
Xfinity Customer Support Contact Details
Extra Tips And Best Practises:
For your best efforts to make it to the end, Here are some extra tips and best practices to help you with the cancellation process:
- If possible, try to cancel Xfinity via visiting in person, as the other methods can take more time
- You will have to return all Xfinity equipment after cancellation for refunds
- If you miss out on your payments, you will be charged a fee of $10
- You can contact Xfinity via mod mail on their subreddit for better reach
- Make sure to keep a receipt of the return confirmation and a photo of your equipment while returning, just in case.
- You can easily resubscribe to Xfinity after cancellation as well
- You can pause or make any changes to your account from the manage accounts section on the website
We hope this guide provided some assistance in the cancellation process. If you have any queries or suggestions, just shoot them in the comment section, and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Also, Don’t forget to share this with someone who may find this helpful, and stay tuned as we will be updating lots of helpful cancellation guides on the website.
Can I Still Use Xfinity Email After Cancelling Service?
Yes, you can still access your Xfinity email even after cancelling the service if you logged in to your Xfinity account 90 days before discontinuing
How Can I Cancel Autopay on Xfinity?
Xfinity will charge you on a monthly autopay until and unless you discontinue the service.