Apple News + is a great way to stay up to date with the latest news and events from around the world.
They provide many perks, such as the ability to download content, listen to stories through their narration feature, and share content with other users.
However, due to the rise of other free news platform apps such as The Guardian, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and many more, you may find that paying $9.99 every month for Apple News+ might not be worth it.
Whatever your reason may be, in this blog post, we will guide you step by step on how to cancel your Apple News seamlessly on all platforms.
Ways to Cancel Apple News + Subscription
You can cancel your Apple News Plus subscription through any of the following methods mentioned below:
- Apple’s Official Website
- From your Mac.
- From your iPhone or iPad.
If you are an Apple One subscriber, canceling your Apple News+ subscription will also cancel your Apple One subscription.
Cancel from the Apple Official Website.
1. To get started, go to the official Apple Website and log in to your Apple Account.
2. Click on the ‘Name‘ option at the top right corner and Click on ‘Account‘.
3. Click on ‘Subscriptions’; this should show you all the services you are currently subscribed to.
4. Click on ‘Apple News+‘.
5. After this, you should see a display with your AppleNews + details, look for the option ‘Cancel Subscription’ and click ‘Confirm‘.
Cancel from your Mac.
1. Open the App Store app on your Mac.
2. Click on your name in the top right corner and click on ‘View Information‘.
3. Scroll down to ‘Subscriptions‘ and click on ‘Manage‘. This will show you all the services you are subscribed to currently.
5. Find ‘Apple News+‘ and click on it, which will show your subscription details.
6. Click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and click on ‘Confirm‘ that you want to cancel your subscription.
From your iPhone or iPad.
This process works the same for both iPhone and iPad.
1. Open the Settings app on your Selected iOS device and tap on the ‘Name‘ option.
2. Scroll down and click on the ‘Subscriptions‘ option.
3. Find and click on the ‘Apple News+‘ option, which will show you its details.
4. Tap on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option and click ‘Confirm‘.
So, be sure that your cancellation request was processed correctly. Check your mail after you have followed the guide.
Video Guide to Cancel Apple News +
If you did not follow through with our step-by-step guide, then here is a video guide to help you cancel your subscription.
Can I Freeze my Apple News + Subscription?
Unfortunately, AppleNews+ does not provide an official method to freeze your Subscription like other News Subscription Platforms.
However, what users can do is downgrade the free tier subscription plan to the free tier, which also provides users with a decent experience until they are ready to subscribe to the premium plan once again.
|Information||Apple News Free Tier||Apple News+ Subscription|
|Access to News article and Magazine||Limited||Unlimited|
|Audio Narration Feature for Articles||Limited||All Articles|
|Content Download for offline viewing||No||Yes|
|Price||Free||$9.99 for a month and $99.9 for a year.|
If you don’t want to completely leave AppleNews+, then using the free tier subscription might work for you.
However, if you are planning to switch to a new alternative, then check out the Quora post below for the best free news app platforms that you can try.
Will I get a refund after canceling my Apple News + subscription?
You are only eligible for a refund if you cancel your subscription within 14 days of purchase.
Will I still be able to access Apple News+ after subscription cancellation?
You can still have access to Apple News+ content and its features until the end of your billing cycle. After your billing cycle ends, you will not have access anymore.