Need to cancel your Best Buy Credit Card? Maybe you want to take control of your online spending habits or want to switch to a different credit card and don’t need your Credit Card anymore. Whatever your reason, maybe we are here to help you guide through the process.
Best Buy credit card is offered by Citibank, which offers customers lucrative offers like 5% back in rewards on Best Buy purchases, 3% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1 % on other purchases. They also provide their customers with the option to finance their purchases.
But with all the constant lucrative reward backs and points, it may cause you to overspend and take you out of your budget. So, knowing how you can cancel your Best Buy Credit Card will come in handy.
Methods of canceling your Best Buy Credit Card
- Through Citibank Customer Support
- Through email
- Through physical mail
Through Citibank Customer Support.
- Make a call to Citibank customer support at “1-888-574-1301.”
- After you have connected with customer support, request your card cancelation.
- The representative will ask you for your account details and other information. Also, give the reason for your cancellation.
- If you have any remaining dues, you will need to pay them before the representative cancels your card.
- Compose an email to [email protected].
- The email should include your account information and details and your reason for cancellation.
- Send the email and wait for them to get back to you. If you have any remaining dues, then you will be asked to clear them.
- Write a letter that contains all your account details and information, your signature, and your reason for cancellation.
- Mail the letter to the address “Citibank P.O. Box 6500 Wilmington, DE 19880”.
- You may need to wait for some time as an organization like Citibank receives hundreds of emails daily. You will receive further instructions in your mail.
Alternative? Freeze your Best Buy Credit Card?
If you won’t be using your Best Buy Credit Card for a while and don’t want to cancel it, what you can do is freeze your card. Freezing your card will not let you make any new purchases on that card; however, you can still make any existing payments.
Freezing your card can be extremely beneficial if you want to take control of your spending habits or don’t want others to use your card.
Although Best Buy Credit Card does not provide the online cancellation process of their card, they do provide online freezing.
If you are tracking your Credit Score with ClickFreeScore, then you can keep better track of your financial habits.
Steps to freeze your Best Buy Credit Card Online:
- Go to Citibank’s official website and log into your account.
- Click on the credit cards tab and click on “Manage credit card”
- Click on the “Freeze Card“ option, fill out the form, and select a reason for your freezing.
- Click on confirm, and you will receive a confirmation message shortly afterward
You can also freeze your credit card through customer support. Just make a call and make a request to freeze your card.
Can I reopen my credit card once I have canceled it?
Yes, you can reopen your credit card as long as you meet the credit score requirements.
Is there a cancellation fee?
The cancellation process is fully free.
Is there a charge for freezing my card?
There is no charge for freezing your card, and it can be done anytime.