Virgin Active is a chain of gyms with over 260 different locations across North America and Europe. They offer affordable as well as exclusive gym membership tailored to their customers.
Virgin Actives’ unique online training subscription plan for their customers makes them a unique one-of-a-kind gym offering this kind of service at such a large scale. However, some customers may want to switch to a more traditional gym or want to cancel their subscription plan overall.
If you are one of them and need help cancelling your Virgin Active Membership, then we at Cancel smartly are here to help guide you through this process and explain all the policies surrounding it.
Methods of Cancelling your Virgin Active Membership
- Through the Official Website
- Through Phone Call
- Through Email
Many users on sites like Reddit have complained about the Cancellation process being very slow and hard for Virgin Active Subscription and being overcharged.
To avoid such problems, be sure to check your email inbox for the confirmation mail and your current account status by logging on to the website. And make sure to follow the steps below carefully to make your process easier.
Through the Official Website
- Go to the Official Virgin Active Website and log in to your Account.
- Click on the “Your Membership” tab from the Navigation bar.
- Click on the “Manage Membership” option.
- Click on the “Cancel Membership” option.
- Follow further instructions and check your email for a confirmation mail about your cancellation.
Through Phone Call
- Contact Virgin Active Customer Support on 020 7717 9000 or 0860 200 911 during office hours.
- After your Call connects, ask for Subscription Cancellation.
- You will be asked to provide your Account information, registration details, and other personal information.
- The customer service staff will guide you through the process.
- After Cancellation, check your email for the confirmation mail
- Compose an email that contains your registration number, Account information, and other personal details.
- Include the subject as “Subscription Cancellation” and the reason for your cancellation.
- Include the date from which you want your cancellation to take effect and send the letter to [email protected]
- Wait for further instructions from the company to process your cancellation process.
When can I Cancel my Virgin Active Subscription?
Customers can request a Subscription Cancellation anytime but with a prior 20 days (about 3 weeks) notice, meaning that if you were to cancel your subscription today, then it would only take effect 20 days (about 3 weeks) from now.
If there is another billing period between the 20-day period, then unfortunately, you will still be billed for the next month even if your cancellation is still in process.
Is there a cancellation fee for Virgin-Active Subscription?
Yes, a cancellation fee is likely to be applied if you are cancelling your subscription. However, if your subscription has already passed the initial membership period, then this amount may be reduced.
To learn more about this, look into your membership type policy or contact Virgin Active Customer Support.
Will I get a refund for my cancellation?
Yes, according to the Virgin Active Website, Customers have a 5-day cooling period where if they cancel their membership subscription under a valid reason, then they are eligible for a full refund and do not need to pay a cancellation fee
Can I get a refund on Unused months?
Yes, you can get a refund for any unused month cancellation with 20 days (about 3 weeks) prior notice, but you may be charged some cancellation fee for this process.
How long will it take to receive my refund?
It can take up to almost 28 days (about 4 weeks) for you to receive your refund. If you don’t receive your refund before the 28-day period, then try contacting Customer Support.
Virgin active customer support
To receive Virgin Active Customer Support, you can try out the following methods.
|Customer support||020 7717 9000|
|Customer support||0860 200 911|
Virgin Active has locations all around the world. So certain numbers might not work for you. It is recommended that you check the phone number through the website of the branch of Virgin-active in your location.
Is the cooling period extended when I renew my subscription plan?
Yes, the cooling period is extended for 5 days when you renew your plan.
Can I upgrade/downgrade my subscription plan?
Yes, you can upgrade/downgrade your subscription plan by contacting customer support.
Learn more about Cancel Smartly.