TXU Energy is an American retail Electricity provider that started in Texas but has expanded to other locations. It is one of the companies that provide multiple energy plans which also includes renewable energy. They specialize in offering plans for homes, apartments and businesses.
But with 1 star on Consumer Affairs, many customers have complained that they are billed way too high than they are supposed to be and reports about inefficient customer support. For these reasons customers may be looking to cancel their subscription.
If you are also one of them, then continue reading this article for an easy and swift process of your TXU Energy service Cancellation.
Methods of Cancelling your TXU Energy Subscription:
- Through Customer Support (Phone)
- Through Online Website (Live Chat)
- Through email
According to the TXU reviews and article there is currently no way of cancelling your subscription physically. The most reliable and fast way to cancel your subscription based upon customer reviews is through the phone.
Important : Customer Support
1)Through Customer Support (Phone)
- Make a call to the TXU Energy customer service at “855-545-5317“.
- After your Call gets connected, tell the customer service agent that you would like to cancel your subscription.
- The customer service agent will ask you for your subscription details and service address.
- Follow further instructions from customer service to complete your cancellation process. You may need to pay a cancellation fee depending upon your contract.
- After the Cancellation process, be sure to check for a confirmation email from the company.
2)Through Online Website (Live Chat)
- Visit the TXU Energy official home page.
- Click on the “Help” option from the top right corner.
- Click on the “Contact us” option from the list.
- Then click on the “Chat” option in the bottom right corner.
- You will be placed in a live chat queue for an agent to join. After a real agent joins your chat, tell them that you would like to cancel your subscription.
- The agent will guide you through the cancellation process further. After the Cancellation be sure to check your email.
- Compose an email that contains your subscription details and your service address.
- Include the Subject as “Subscription Cancellation” and include the date from which you want your cancellation to take effect.
- Send the email to [email protected]
- You will need to wait for further updates from the company. It can take anywhere up to 24 hours to 7 days for them to get back to you.
Will I be charged a cancellation fee on my TXU Energy Subscription?
Yes, you may get charged a cancellation fee if you have signed a certain type of subscription plan and cancel it before it ends. The company charges $150 cancellation fee for 12-month TXU plans, $295 cancellation fee for 24-month plans, and $395 cancellation fee for 36-month plans.
However, if you did not sign to a long-term plan and instead were paying monthly then you do not need to pay any cancellation fee.
Will I receive a refund after my cancellation?
If you cancel your TXU Energy service plan within the first 3 business days of signing up, you have the right to receive a full refund without any penalties. This means that you will receive a full refund of any fees or charges that you have already paid.
However, in other cases, the refund is not guaranteed and can take up to 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) for you to receive your refund even if you are refunded. For more information contact customer service regarding your service plan cancellation policy.
TXU Energy: Other Alternatives
If you are looking to switch to other electricity providers, then below is a list of providers with similar pricing and services that you may like in Texas.
|Flagship power||$0.110 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy||$0.111 / kWh|
|Frontier Utilities||$0.111 / kWh|
|4Change Energy||$0.124/ kWh|
The above pricing are of popular plans that they provide, this may vary on your service plan and length.
How to TXU customer support?
If you are facing any problem or have any inquiry about your cancellation, then you can try contacting TXU customer support. We at CancelSmartly have made a list of ways you can contact their customer support.
|Customer support phone line||855-545-5317|
|Customer Support live chat||official website/chat|
Conclusion: Cancelling TXU Energy service plan is easy and straight forward if done properly. However, customers may face problems regarding their cancellation policy and fee if they are not informed properly.
Can I relocate my service address instead of cancelling it?
Yes, according to the official website customers can relocate their service address with a 2-week’ prior notice.
Can I freeze/pause my service?
TXU does not officially provide a way to pause / freeze their services. However, you can try contacting their customer support and inquire about it.
Can I switch my TXU Service type plan?
Yes, you can switch your service type plan by contacting customer support.
Learn more about Cancel Smartly.