Do you want to cancel your Preorder on X-Box? Maybe you found a better Game, mistakenly ordered or you just do not want it.
Whatever your reason, maybe we are here to help you through the easy process of cancelling your Preorder game.
With over 100 million active users, X-box is one of the best consoles of all time. X-box provides a smooth user experience and access to thousands of games. On top of that, they are also known for their excellent customer service and customer reward points.
When users preorder a game on X-box they are basically buying access to play the game on the day it releases.
Game Developers are also known to provide special items or skins to users who preorder their game which is another factor for players preordering their games.
You can cancel a Preorder on X-Box by Microsoft store, just follow the steps below:
Through Microsoft Store.
- Go to Microsoft Store and log into your Account (Account that is linked with your X-Box)
- Go to your profile and click on the “Order History” option.
- Once you see your order history, look for the preorder you want to cancel and click on the “Cancel item” option next to it.
- A confirmation box will pop up. Select the “Cancel Item “again.
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation email about your preorder. If you don’t see the email, check the spam folder.
Through the X-Box store
- Go to the X-box Store Website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Account settings” option.
- Click on the “Manage Pre-orders “option.
- After you see your list of Active pre-orders, look for the preorder you want to cancel and click on the “Cancel Item” button.
- After confirming your cancellation, check your email inbox for a confirmation mail.
Through X-Box Console
- Login into your X-Live account on your X-Box Console.
- From the Dashboard, click on the “My Games & Apps” option.
- Open the “Games” tab and look for the Game you preordered.
- Click on the preordered item and click on the “Manage Game” option.
- After you see the Game details, Go to the “Preorder” option.
- Click on the Cancellation option.
- A confirmation option should appear. Click on the “Yes” option.
- A message should appear in your X-Live account confirming your cancellation. If you don’t receive one, check your email inbox.
X-box preorder cancellation policy.
I forgot to cancel my X-Box preorder. What do I do?
If you forgot to cancel your preorder and now have paid for a game, you don’t want to play. Then you can request a refund if certain criteria are met.
X-Box Refund Criteria:
You must not have accumulated a lot of playtime on your game that you want to refund.
If you meet the criteria above, then you can request a refund.
Steps to request a refund on your purchase [Video Guide]
You can request refund on your purchase bu following the steps below:
- First, Go to the Microsoft Website and log into the account you made your purchase with.
- Go to the “Billing section” and find your purchase history.
- Click on the purchase you want to refund and select the refund option.
- You will need to provide a valid reason for requesting your refund and follow the remaining instructions for your request.
For your refund request to be approved, it can take some days, and in some cases, you might be declined of your request.
I didn’t receive a confirmation email. What can I do?
If you didn’t receive your confirmation email, try checking your spam email. If you still haven’t found it, contact X-box customer support from their website.
Wahat if I pre-ordered my game with a Gift card will get refund?
If you pre-ordered your game with a gift card, then your Gift card will be refunded to your account.
Is there a cancellation fee for my preorder cancellation?
Some games have cancellation fees, while others don’t. For more information, look up the Game you have preordered.