With over 4000 physical locations worldwide, GameStop is the number one choice for gamers looking to buy and get their hands on newly released Games and Consoles through a physical store.
However, Customers may find a better deal or have a change of mind and want to cancel the preorder of their Game or Console.
If you are one of them and are having trouble canceling your preorder and don’t know how to get a refund, don’t worry, we will guide you through the process step by step in this article.
Ways of Cancelling your GameStop Pre-order:
To cancel Gamestop, preorder you can follow any of the following methods:
- Through the GameStop Website or App.
- Through the GameStop physical Store.
- Through Customer Support.
Important: GameStop Refund Policy
Through GameStop Website or App.
- To get started, go to the official GameStop Website or App and log in to your Account.
- In your Account Dashboard, click on ‘My orders’, which should show you all your active orders.
- Find the preorder you want to cancel and click on the “Cancel Order” option next to it.
- A confirmation box will appear in your window, click on “Cancel Order “again, and you are done.
After following this process, be sure to check your inbox for an email from GameStop confirming that your cancellation request has been confirmed.
Through the GameStop physical Store
One of the direct and effective ways to cancel is by visiting the store in person:
- First, visit the GameStop Store where you placed your preorder.
- Ask to speak with the associate manager or any other higher who can process your cancellation request.
- The Associate Manager will request the details about your preorder, such as your order confirmation number of your pre-order.
- After this, the Associate Manager will cancel your preorder and give you a refund if you meet the refund eligibility.
Through Customer Support.
- Call the GameStop Customer Support at “1-800-883-8895” and tell them that you want to cancel your preorder.
- After they connect you with the correct department, please Give them your order number and any other information that they ask.
- After this, they will process your request for your Pre-order Cancellation.
- If you are eligible for a refund, your refund will be deposited to your account that is linked to your Game Stop Account.
- After this process, you may have to wait some days to receive your refund.
What happens if I cancel my preorder after I have been charged?
If you cancel your preorder after you’ve been charged, you will be issued a refund. However, you may not receive the full amount of your refund.
What if I cancel my preorder after I’ve received the pre-order bonus item?
If you cancel your preorder after you’ve received the pre-order bonus item, you will not be able to return the item for a refund.